Is Bankruptcy Right for Me?
Each person reaches a decision to file bankruptcy for different reasons. Some realize they can no longer meet the needs of their families once a garnishment is ordered. Some understand they will never be able to dig out of debt without assistance, no matter how well they budget or cut expenses. And some realize the stress of dealing with creditors is beginning to impact their health and wellbeing.
If you identify with any of the following statements, it’s time to talk to an attorney:
- No matter how well I budget, I will never be able to pay all my debts.
- Calls from debt collectors are causing stress at home and at work.
- Debt collectors have filed lawsuits against me.
- Once my pay is garnished, I will not be able to provide for my family.
- I am behind on my car payments and I don’t want my vehicle to be repossessed.
- I am behind on my mortgage payments and I don’t want to lose my home to foreclosure.
- I owe taxes.
- I feel so overwhelmed by my debts that I no longer open my mail.
There is no dollar amount of debt required to file bankruptcy. If you cannot see an end to your financial stress, it is worth your time to schedule a consultation to discuss your options with a seasoned bankruptcy attorney.
More information on the different types of bankruptcy is available here: Types of Bankruptcy