Tom practices in the areas of farm, consumer and small business bankruptcy, probate and estate administration, estate planning, contract, commercial and general business practice. He also serves as the City Attorney for the cities of Alma, Mayetta and Harveyville.
Upon graduating from Fort Hays State, Tom attended Washburn University of Topeka, where he earned his J.D. in December of 1987. Tom was admitted to the bar in 1988 and practices before the U.S. District Court for the District of Kansas, and Kansas State District and Appellate Courts. Tom served as the Tribal Prosecutor for the Prairie Band Potawatomi Tribe from 2003 to 2008. He is a member of the Topeka Bar Association and Kansas Bar Associations, has served as President and a director of the Topeka Area Bankruptcy Council and served on the Bankruptcy Bench/Bar Rules Committee from 2007 through 2010.
- Washburn University School of Law, Topeka, Kansas, 1987, J.D.
- Fort Hays State University, Hays, Kansas, 1985, B.A.
- Honors: Summa Cum Laude
- Topeka Bar Association
- Kansas Bar Association
Affiliations, Activities, Honors
- AV® – Preeminent Rated
- Named to the list of Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers® in the area of Bankruptcy: Consumer
- Topeka Area Bankruptcy Council – Past President
- Bankruptcy Bench/Bar Rules Committee 2010-2013