Kathryn primarily focuses her practice on representing debtors in bankruptcy in both personal and business cases. She routinely files cases under Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 of the Bankruptcy Code, and she assists lead counsel in Chapter 11 and Chapter 12 cases. Kathryn is a past-president of the Topeka Area Bankruptcy Council and served as the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Section CLE Liaison for the Kansas Bar Association (2010-2011).
Kathryn also counsels clients on estate planning matters and provides representation in probate proceedings, including guardianships, conservatorships, and adoptions.
Kathryn graduated from Washburn University School of Law with a Certificate in Advocacy in 2006. She began working as a Law Clerk at the Stumbo firm in 2005 and was hired as an associate two years later. Prior to law school, Kathryn attended the University of Kansas and obtained a Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology.
- Washburn University School of Law, Topeka, Kansas, 2006 J.D.
- Certificates: Advocacy
- Honors: Top Paper – Legal Analysis, Research & Writing I
- University of Kansas, Lawrence, Kansas, 2003 B.A. Psychology
Affiliations, Activities, Honors
- Topeka Area Bankruptcy Council – Past President
- Kansas Bar Association – Member, Bankruptcy and Insolvency Section CLE Liaison, 2010 – 2011
- Topeka Bar Association, Member
7.0Kathryn Elizabeth Sheedy