Gary’s practice includes an emphasis on municipal law, serving as city attorney for the cities of Mayetta and Alta Vista, as well as counsel to over three dozen rural water districts. Gary also does general litigation and business cases. Gary has published articles in national and state publications and has made presentations on various aspects of the water utility industry. For the past several years Gary has served as moderator of the Attorney’s Forum, a program for water utility attorneys held in conjunction with the Kansas Rural Water Association annual meeting. Gary is a member of the Kansas and Topeka Bar Associations.
Gary graduated Summa Cum Laude from Eastern New Mexico University in 1978. While at Eastern, Gary was named the outstanding economics student in 1978 and was a member of the Phi Kappa Phi honor society. He went on to law school at the University of Kansas, graduating in 1982.
- University of Kansas School of Law, Lawrence, Kansas, 1982, J.D.
- Law Review: Member, University of Kansas Law Review
- Eastern New Mexico University, Portales, New Mexico, 1978, B.S.
- Honors: Summa Cum Laude
- Honors: Named Outstanding Economics Student, 1978
Affiliations, Activities, Honors
- AV® – Preeminent Rated
- Named to the list of Best Lawyers Municipal Law, Water Law
- Included in Ingram’s Best Lawyers in Kansas City in the area of Municipal Law