Lee primarily practices in the Municipal arena, where he serves as the City Attorney for the Cities of Edgerton, Perry, Meriden, Oskaloosa, Winchester, Ozawkie, Hoyt, McLouth, Netawaka and Easton. He also serves as County Counselor for Jackson County, Kansas. He additionally practices in the areas of consumer and small business bankruptcy, landlord/tenant, probate and estate administration, estate planning, contract and general business practice.
Lee has been named to the list of the Best Lawyers in America, has been recognized by Super Lawyers in the area of State, Local and Municipal law and was named Best Lawyers’ Lawyer of the Year in 2014 in the area of Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law in Topeka. Lee was named Best Attorney in the 2013 Topeka Capital-Journal Best of Topeka readers’ poll and maintains an AV® Preeminent rating with Martindale-Hubbell. Lee is a member of the Kansas and Topeka Bar Associations and the Topeka Area Bankruptcy Council, for which he served as President in 2010.
- University of Kansas School of Law, Lawrence , Kansas , 2003, J.D.
- University of Kansas, Lawrence, Kansas, Masters of Business Administration, 2003
- Law Journal: Staff Member and Symposium Editor, Kansas Journal of Law and Public Policy
- Washington University in St. Louis, B.A. 1999
- Topeka Bar Association
- Kansas Bar Association
Affiliations, Activities, Honors
- AV® – Preeminent Rated
- Best Lawyers’ Topeka Lawyer of the Year 2014 – Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law
- Topeka Capital-Journal Best of Topeka – Best Attorney 2013
- Leadership Topeka Graduate
- Topeka Area Bankruptcy Council – President (2010)
- Bankruptcy Bench/Bar Rules Committee 2010-2013